1 medium sized sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons water
1/2 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
3 courgettes, top & tailed, thinly sliced
1 x 25g concentrate vegetable sachet
100g goats cheese, feta or any cheese you have at hand
salt & pepper
A non-stick pan is handy for this dish, but i used a normal stainless steel pan.
To prevent a little sticking or potentially burning, line the pan with foil and then baking paper over the foil. You’re also going to put pan in oven, so ensure handle is suitable for oven/grill use.
1. Heat oil in pan over medium heat.
2. Arrange all the thinly sliced sweet potato in base of pan.
3. Add the 2 tablespoons of water and put a lid on – steaming the sweet potato for approximately 3-4 minutes.
4. When slightly softened, arrange the pepper and courgette on top of the sweet potato.
5. Season with a little salt & pepper.
6. Pop lid back on for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Whisk the eggs and add the concentrate veggie stock before pouring it over the vegetables.
8. Pop lid back on again and cook on low heat for 8 minutes. In the meantime, heat grill to medium heat.
9. Remove lid from pan and sprinkle with cheese.
10. Pop under grill until cheese melted or you can see top is becoming golden brown. Same applies to oven. (190 degrees C)
11. Once ready, finish with a good sprinkling of freshly chopped parsley.